When we talk about self care we often focus on the physical or mental aspect of wellbeing. But what about spiritual wellness?
If you’re searching for deeper spiritual meaning in your life there’s a reason. And you’re not the only one. The demands of life in modern times has made many people feel disconnected. Perhaps what you need is to reconnect with God to bring about balance and transformation in your life.
Spiritual wellness is neither religion or self serving. However, spiritual balance comes from more than subscribing to a religion. Some people do seek religion for their spirituality, but spirituality can also be achieved without belonging to a specific religion. Religion is really man’s search for God.
What is Spiritual Wellness
While many may believe spiritual wellness is something they can achieve outside of a relationship with God. i do not. If you want to be spiritually well then developing a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ is the answer.
Essentially, developing spiritual wellness means believing that you don’t have to fight your battles all by yourself. Things that happen in life are sometimes beyond our comprehension. But if we feel that those situations are beyond our control then we can develop a sense of hopelessness and live our lives in fear.
But believing that the all knowing and powerful God cares about us to give us a peaceful hear then we can begin to develop belief in and the sense of balance we so greatly crave in our lives.
When you’ve developed spiritual wellness, you can:
- Respond to others honestly, regardless of the situation.
- Express the values that you uphold and stand behind them at all times.
- Understand the meaning of life and become in tune with the meaning of your existence.
- Not worry about the things that are out of your control
- Trust that an all powerful God has your back
- Lead a more joy-filled life
How do we achieve spiritual wellness?
Each of us has to develop our spirituality in own way. Your path will be different from mine. Even if we have the same general beliefs our journey will be different.
When you’re ready to begin your journey toward spiritual wellness, think about these suggestions:
- Develop a sense of who you are as a person and question your purpose for being here. Ask yourself key questions as you seek to achieve balance through spiritual wellness. Self-awareness key to developing your spiritual balance. Ask yourself:
- Who am I?
- What is my purpose here on earth?
- What things, people, commitments should I focus on?
- What talent and gifts do I possess and how do I use them
- What am I passionate about?
- Consider what brings meaning to your life and connect with it. After you’ve answered those questions, your next mission is to connect to and identify with the things in life that you want to represent you. Do you feel a calling to help others? Are you willing to become who God wants you to be? Answer these questions and start working on them soon.
- Contribute to a charity if you’re inclined to help others.
- Go on a fasting mission to gain endurance and clarity of purpose.
- Test your limits. When you take on challenges, you expand your understanding of a whole new myriad of possibilities for you. Testing your limits could involve many things. Here are some examples:
- Take on a physical challenge that ordinarily you wouldn’t take on. Maybe run a marathon or participate in a charity walk.
- Make decisions that help you stay true to your beliefs even if they are not be popular.
- Have the courage to stand by your convictions even if others reject them.
Becoming spiritually strong involves believing in something. It involves identifying your purpose and working towards achieving that purpose. Most importantly, it involves becoming truly happy with your life.
Ultimately, the balance you seek will come when you satisfy your spiritual needs. By taking the steps outlined here, you can put yourself on the right path to spiritual fulfillment.
Achieving spiritual wellness isn’t an overnight process. With persistence and dedication, you’ll find yourself connecting with another aspect of your existence that you never realized. Continue to ask, seek, and knock. And trust the Lord to lead you.
More and more things will become clearer to you and you’ll start to experience true inner peace, no matter what challenges you’re faced with!